This is a great tutorial for making jokes of friends or any person’s photograph. It is also a great way to enhance charicature of a person’s features. In the following steps, we’ll learn how to take a person’s nose in a photograph and make it appear much larger or very big.
1. Open a high resolution photograph of a person’s face in Photoshop.
2. Goto Layer > Duplicate Layer… and click OK when the Duplicate Layer pop-up appears.
3. Turn off the visibility of the bottom layer by clicking the “Eye” icon for that layer in the Layers Palette.
4. With the new duplicate layer selected, select the eraser tool and erase everything except the nose and some of the skin that surrounds the nose.
5. Select the Polygonal lasso tool.
6. Turn on the visibility of the bottom layer by clicking the “Eye” icon in the Layers Palette.
7. With the bottom layer active, click CTRL+T to enter into Free Transform mode.
8. Use a corner shape handle while holding down the shift key and drag to shrink the image.
9. Select the top layer with the nose and move it over the area where the nose should be.
10. Goto Layer > Flatten Image to merge all the layers.
11. Select the Smudge Tool and choose an appropriate sized brush.
12. Carefully smudge around the nose so that it blends with the face.
13. You’re done! You should now have your big honker of a nose!