In this tutorial, we’ll use Photoshop to create a zoom in effect on a person or object in a photograph. This is a great way to enhance action photos and give a cool looking effect.
1. Open a photograph in Photoshop.
2. Goto Layer > Duplicate Layer… and click OK when the pop-up appears.
3. Select the Polygonal Lasso tool.
4. Create a lasso selection around the area that you want to zoom in on.
5. Goto Select > Inverse.
6. Goto Select > Feather. Set the Feather Radius to 20. Click OK.
7. Goto Filter > Blur > Radial Blur. Set: Amount to 100%, Blur Method to Zoom, and Quality to Best. Click OK.
8. Click Ctrl+D to deselect.
9. You should now have your motion zoom effect!