In this tutorial we will learn how to create faded scan lines for your projects.
1. Open a New Document in Photoshop. 250×250 hieght/width.
2. Choose black as your foreground color.
3. Select the Pencil tool and set the pencil size to 1px.
4. Create a new layer. Name it “Scan Lines”.
5. Zoom in on the canvas. Draw horizontal lines across the canvas, while holding down the SHIFT key to keep them perfectly straight. (Once you draw a few lines across the canvas, you can copy and paste the lines to cover the whole canvas with lines. Just make sure you merge them all onto one layer when you’re done.)
6. Create a new layer under the “Scan Lines” layer. Name this layer “Photo”.
7. Paste an image onto the “Photo” layer. You now have the scan lines overlapping the photo image.
8. Select the “Scan Lines” layer so that it is active.
9. Click the “Add Layer Mask” button from the Layers Palette.
10. Select the Gradient Tool. Make sure the gradient is the default black to white.
11. With the Layer Mask selected in the Layers Palette, drag across the canvas at an angle.
12. You should now have your faded scan lines.