1. Open a photograph in Photoshop of a person’s eyes.
2. Click the “Quick Mask” button.
3. Select the Paint Brush tool and choose black as your color.
4. Zoom in and paint the eyes of the person in the photograph.
5. Click the “Standard Mode” button.
6. Everything should be selected except for the eyes now.
7. Goto Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation.
8. Adjust the Saturation slider for Saturation to the left to remove some of the color from the photograph.
9. Click OK to close the Hue/Saturation box and the picture should become less colorful and desaturated.
10. Goto Select > Inverse. Now only the eyes should be selected.
11. Goto Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation. Adjust the slider for Brightness to the right to make the eyes brighter.
12. Keep in mind that Steps 7 through Steps 9 can be skipped if you do not wish to desaturate the entire photo. I like to desaturate the image a bit, because it adds even more focus on the bright eyes.