1. Open in Photoshop the photograph of the person with clothes that you want to brighten. In this tutorial, we’ll brighten the pink skirt that the girl is wearing.
2. Click the “Edit in Quick Mask Mode” button.
3. Select the Paint Brush tool and choose BLACK as your foreground color.
4. Begin painting over the clothing that you want to brighten up. When you are in Quick Mask Mode, by default the paint will be a transparent red.
5. Use a smaller brush size where needed to get into smaller areas of the clothing.
6. When you are done, click the “Edit in Standard Mode” button.
7. Goto Select > Inverse. The clothing should now be selected.
8. Goto Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation.
9. Adjust the Saturation slider towards the right. Adjust the Lightness slider to the left just a bit.
10. You should now have your brighter color clothing!