1. In Photoshop, open a photograph of a face that you want to smooth the skin.
2. Goto Layer > Duplicate Layer… and click OK when the Duplicate Layer pop-up appears.
3. Select the eraser tool.
4. Zoom in on the face and erase everything except the skin. This includes the background, eyes, lips, and hair (also, if there are obvious freckles or beauty marks, erase these as well).
You may want to turn off the layer of the face underneath by clicking the “Eye” icon in the Layers Palette. This way you can see where you are erasing.
5. With the top “skin” layer still selected, goto Filter > Blur > Gausian Blur.
6. Adjust the Radius so that skin becomes blurred (but not too blurry). Click OK when you’re done.
7. Now goto Layer > Flatten Image to join the two layers together.
8. You’r done! You should now have a face with smoother skin.