Designing panels for websites can be a challenging task. In this Photoshop tutorial, we will learn how to design metallic panels for your website designs in the easiest possible way.
1. Open a New Document in Photoshop. Choose a good size canvas for the size panel you will be making.
2. Create a new layer. Name it “Panel”.
3. Choose black as your foreground color. Then select the Rectangle Tool and draw a rectangle on the “Panel” layer.
4. Select the polygonal lasso tool. Select sections off of the square and clicking the delete key to erase those sections.
5. In the end, you should have the shape that you want.
6. Now right click the “Panel” layer from the layers palette. Choose “Blending Options” from the pop-up list.
7. Set the properties for “Bevel and Emboss” to the following:
8. Set the properties for “Gradient Overlay” to the following:
9. Click OK to accept changes to Blending Options and you should something similar to the following:
10. Use the Paint Bucket tool and fill the background layer with black (or paste a background image if desired).