Here is a fun tutorial. In this step-by-step exercise, we’ll show you how to take any drawing, sketch, or doodle and then incorporate it onto a photograph of a notebook sheet of paper. What’s great about this is that through the use of the Distort feature in photoshop, the angle of the original notebook photo is not important to acheive the desired effect.
1. Open a photograph of a notebook that you want to add drawing, writing, or scribbles on.
2. Open another photograph of the scribble image that you want to place on the notebook.
(For this tutorial, we chose an MC Escher drawing/sketch).
3. Copy and paste the drawing into a new layer overlapping the notebook layer.
4. Goto Edit > Transform > Distort. Use the shape handles to align the drawing with the notebook.
5. Click the notebook layer so it is active. Goto Image > Adjustments > Desaturate.
6. Click the drawing layer so it is active. Set the Blending Mode to “Color Burn”.
7. You should now have your Notebook Sketch Effect.
(Note: By using the distort, you can apply this technique to any notebook and drawing from any angle. Just use the Distort shape handles to fit the perspective.)